Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Staying on My Toes

15 month olds are no joke people!  These girls have so much energy and some days I feel like I can't keep up.  They are always going in different directions, someone is always falling and getting hurt, and the teething - oh help us - the teething!!


There are so many wonderful things about this stage too, tons of giggling, imitating words and sounds, dancing, jumping - so much fun.  I guess I am learning that I really have to stay on my toes and keep the girls engaged in whatever we're doing.  I really cannot just zone out and let them wreak havoc all day.  I need a plan, I need toddler activities!


I have found some great resources from other blogs I read and from pinterest.  Here are a couple I've been looking at:  Toddler Boredom Busters and Activities for Toddlers.  Otherwise, we just sing lots of songs, read tons of books, do flashcards, and read from the Jesus Storybook Bible.  The Bible reading is probably my favorite activity of the day.  The book was a 1st birthday present from our sweet friends the Ketcherside's, and I am so blessed every day to read from it and to teach Naomi and Evelyn about our great God!


I guess that there are days that I struggle to be selfless with my time with the girls.  I want to sit them down with an activity and then I want to do what I want (or feel that I need) to do.  But here's the thing:  My role, my calling right now is to be a mother to these girls.  All I can do is look to God to give me the energy and the creativity to live up to that calling.  So, if that means that I put down the dirty dishes, the phone, the laptop, etc. in order to sit on the floor and sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider for the 58th time, that is what I will do.  And really, Itsy Bitsy is waaay more fun than doing dishes!! 


Here is a video of the girls dancing to their favorite song - sorry for my singing and sorry for the poor quality, it was taken on my phone.




2 comments:

  1. Oh my! They're little women. They're so big. And so stinkin' adorable. I KNOW they have a fun house to grow up in with such awesome parents. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are sooooooo cute! Naomi gets down like Will used to (shaking the ol' booty and what not).
    You are doing such a great job with them, and I am thrilled that you like the Jesus Storybook Bible so much.

    ReplyDelete