Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Day in the Life

I've noticed on some of the blogs that I read that people are posting their daily schedules.  I thought it would be fun to post ours, and I know it will be fun to go back and read this some day, so, here goes!


6:30 a.m.  Get up, shower, and partially get myself ready.
7:00 a.m.  Patrick gets up to get ready for work.
7:30 a.m.  Let dog out, feed pets, heat up bottles (the girls have been up for a while at this point usually talking and playing in their cribs - if they're not so happy, I go in and change diapers and put them back in their cribs with books or other toys until I am ready with their bottles).  Patrick goes in and says good morning to the ladies and then heads out to work.
8:00 a.m.  Get girls up, change diapers, and give them their bottles - after the bottles, we play in their room for a bit, or on tired mommy mornings, I lay on the floor of their room with one eye open watching them play until I can motivate myself to get up and get their breakfast ready!
8:30 a.m.  Feed the girls breakfast which consists of oatmeal mixed with fruit and a half a jar of pureed squash and lots of puffs!  I usually try and eat while feeding them.
9:00 a.m.  I do ABC or animal sound flashcards with the girls and then I move their highchairs to the living room to watch Sesame Street or Eebee's Adventures.  At this point I usually eat if I wasn't able to while feeding them and unload the dishwasher.  
9:45 a.m.  We head back to the nursery and I get the girls changed and dressed and they play while I stock up the changing table, change crib sheets, or put away their laundry.
10:30 a.m.  Morning Nap!  I usually finish getting ready at this point and then work on laundry or dishes.  Sometimes I am lucky at this point and am able to talk to my BFF who lives in Seattle while she's on her way to work.  Sometimes I have to take a shower at this point because I didn't get up early enough or the girls woke up earlier than normal, it just depends on the day.
12:00 p.m.  I get the babies up from their nap if they haven't woken on their own yet and give them their bottles.  I change their diapers and take them to the kitchen for lunch which is usually a PB&J, a jar of pureed peas, cut up cheese, yogurt, and puffs or baby mum mums.  Sometimes I get to talk on the phone to my BFF who is in my same time zone while I feed the girls lunch and she is on her lunch break from work!
1:30 p.m.  I put the girls in their stroller and go for a walk and then to our neighborhood playground to let them swing in the baby swings - they love this, and it is a good point in the day for me to get out and get some fresh air!
2:30 p.m.  Afternoon Nap!  I usually eat lunch and check email/facebook at this point or talk on the phone with my Mom or sister - I don't do as much housework at this point just because the evening is long and there is a lot to do with getting dinner, baths, and bedtime.  I do usually make sure the dishes are squared away and do any meal preparation that I can.
4:00 - 4:30 p.m.  I get the girls up if they haven't gotten up on their own and give them bottles and then we play in their room for a bit.  
5:00 p.m.  I give the girls dinner (pasta or soup or some of our leftovers, green beans and fruit and maybe a pumpkin muffin or teething cookie).  Usually Patrick comes home halfway through the girls' dinner.
6:15 p.m.  Patrick plays with the girls while I clean up from their dinner and sometimes get our dinner started.
7:00 p.m.  Bath Time!  Sometimes I do the baths and sometimes Patrick does them. Either way, it takes both of us to get the job done.
7:30 p.m.  The girls get their last bottle and we brush their teeth and say goodnight!
8:00 p.m.  The girls are down and we either start dinner or finish what I got started earlier in the evening.  
8:30 p.m.  We eat dinner and usually watch something on Hulu or Netflix - right now, we're completely obsessed with Mad Men!
9:30 - 11:00 p.m.  We clean up from dinner and either continue watching TV or we do our own thing until we go to bed.


So, there you have it!  This is of course a normal day where I don't have any errands to run and Patrick doesn't have to work late.  We are currently transitioning from bottles to sippy cups (NOT an easy task!), so eventually the girls will go straight from waking up to their highchairs with their cups of milk.  It's amazing how much the schedule changes based on the girls development!  Hopefully I can do this more often to compare how far we've come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment